Message to all posted on the Facebook Group:
SUMMARY OF CHANGES FOR THIS SEASON
This year's Georgia Tech football season, the group/block seating will work a little differently than in the past:
1. If you want a guaranteed ticket, it's going to cost you.
2. $36 for the whole season. no individual "guaranteed" tickets will be sold.
3. If you want a season ticket, you HAVE buy it with a group, or you can buy it with the group of people who don't have a group ("The Helluva Student Ticket Group")
4. Seats will be assigned and you will be placed together with your group.
5. The group will pay for their season tickets via the group leader NOT individually.
6. According to the page, SWARM is still an option. I couldn't find more details concerning changes for this season's SWARM organization. (The website links to 2005 procedures)
WHAT WE'RE DOING
We'd like to have guaranteed tickets to every home game (especially the one vs. the team wearing red from the northern parts of the state) so we're putting together a group/block and would like you to join us.
Right now all we need to know is WHO is interested. Later we'll probably need your GT ID # or something like that to actually reserve your spot. Eventually we'll need your $36.
We want to submit an early estimate (via e-mail) of how many people will be in the group/block by Monday July 20, 2009.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE BLOCK, JOIN THE GROUP or contact Hector. If you have any questions e-mail: email@example.com or call 678-905-1187.
NEW! 2:00 PM Wednesday September 2, 2009 NEW!
We now know where our seats are! Check it out HERE.
2:33 PM Tuesday August 18, 2009
Preffered method of payment: CASH (contact me via e-mail or phone to meet up) Other acceptable methods of payment: -Twitpay (to @hectorir) -Paypal (which includes credit card or bank account)- Use this link: http://s.hectorir.com/payfortickets -Check (write it out to Hector Alejandro) -Other forms of payment if necessary (I'll consider things like 36 Tacos or 7 $5 Pizzas from Domino's) (j/k) It's your responsibility to make sure I've recived your payment. I'll be updating this list as often as possible: http://s.hectorir.com/haveyoupaid make sure your name gets on it if you want a ticket PLEASE PAY BY SUNDAY AUGUST 23, 2009 (if that date is a problem, let me know) --Call, me if there's an issue (registering for ticket or for payment) 678.905.1187--
10:02 PM Friday August 14 2009
Group Name: BBack Brigade
Group Password: 108
Registration has begun for Seniors (by credit hours).
If you have any issues let Hector know.
More information coming soon on how to pay
9:35 PM Monday July 13, 2009
I received a reply today from the GTAA. Below are their answers to my questions. To see the questions scroll down to the previous news update.
1. Groups will be prioritized based on prior season seating location, and then simply 'pieced together' in order to make unique block sizes fit our seating manifest. The credit hour system does not really affect overall group priority. Your group is now 'pre-registered'. Every student that wants to sit in your block must register individually, which is where the credit hour system comes into play.
2. No limit to group size. We just needed an estimate of group size - no need to change your number.
3. In my follow-up email, I will ask you to list a few preferences of seating locations, based on availability.
4. The Swarm website is being revamped currently. You can contact Kevin: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
5. No - registration done individually online.
6. Not sure - but if you want a group - you will get a group.
7. Cash or check only.
11:50 PM Friday July 10, 2009
An e-mail has been sent asking the following questions:
Bookmark this page for future news & updates.